Members Assistance Program (M.A.P)

This program has been created for the well-being of Union members and their families. Many are asking themselves; how am I coping with today’s lifestyle? Are you experiencing difficulties with personal problems? This is why the M.A.P. is there for you and your family. The will of bringing you help whenever it’s needed has always been at the hearth of the M.A.P. idea.

Your M.A.P. counselor understands that asking for assistance for lifestyle problems is difficult for most. Your counselor is there to assist and to guide you to the proper agencies that will suit you the best.

So what kind of problems can the M.A.P. help you with?

Here are some of the most common lifestyle issues:

  • Alcohol and drug problems
  • Communication
  • Family violence
  • Abuse (verbal, sexual, physical)
  • Divorce or seperation
  • Financial
  • Legal
  • Gambling

Emotional and psychological issues can be caused by certain traumatic events such as death of a loved one, depression, physical or emotional abuse and can greatly affect your quality of life.

Substance abuse is an issue that often creates problems at work and in the family. Alcohol and drugs abuse is sometimes related to abuse in the family. It is important to remember that we are dealing with a disease. The M.A.P. has a counselor that is well qualified in substance abuse.

These services are at no cost to members or family members.

Telephone: 613-742-7962

Toll Free:    1-800-258-0580

Pager:          613-787-8075

Which worker did you hire?

As an owner, general contractor, architect or engineer, you or your company make important decisions about which trade contractors you employ on construction projects. Read More »